If we are not committed to God's word (=the Bible), how can we say we are committed to Him?
1. God's Word Saves Us (2 Tim 3:18)
- Without God's word we could not know how to be saved.
- Only the Bible provides rules for life and living: how to please God.
2. God's Word Disciplines Us (2 Tim 3:16)
- The word can instruct us and correct us when we need it.
3. God's Word Empowers Us (2 Tim 3:17)
- It equips us for good works.
- Reading about Jesus empowers us to know how to live righteously.
4. God's Word Motivates Us (2 Tim 4:2)
- Preach God's word at all times.
- Don't let the season determine the preaching.