2 Pet 2:5–10
- Having a great reverence for God characterized by a Godward attitude and a Godward devotion.
- Thinking, speaking, living, being like God.
- Noah found favor before God, was righteous and blameless in his generation (Gen 6:8-9).
- Abraham trusted in God and it was counted to him as righteousness (Gen 15:6).
- Moses spoke to God as he would a friend - this required Godliness (Exod 33:11).
- David was gentle and faithful and had a heart like God (1 Sam 13, 17).
- Mary was submissive and serving (Luke 10:42).
- Jesus was selfless and he was one with God.
Sometimes on the way to help us, Jesus delays to help someone else (Mark 5:21-43). We have to be patient until God comes to aid us.