- 1 Corinthians15:1-4.....13-21
- The darkest day - death of Jesus. The brightest day - resurrection.
- Universal Radio - 33 A. D. in Jerusalem.
- Job asked the age old question - “If a man die, shall he live again?”
1. Death Is the Common Lot of All Mankind:
- The planet earth is a vast graveyard.
- Illust.: Harry Houdini - “If there is a way out of grave, I’ll find it.”
- Scriptures: Psalms 103:15-16; Isaiah 64:6; Psalms 23:4; 31:5; 116:15; 2 Corinthians 5:1, 7.
- Hope - Proverbs 14:32. No hope - Proverbs 11:7
2. The Hope of the Resurrection
- Nature teaches a resurrection.
- Paul instructed Agrippa about resurrection - Acts 26:8
- Paul, Peter and early Christians believed in the resurrection.
- Christ is the first fruit of the resurrection - I Corinthians 15:20
- What would life be without hope of the resurrection?
- Preaching in vain - V. 14
- Faith is foolish - V. 14
- Disciples would be false witnesses - V. 15
- Still in our sins - V. 17
- Romans 4:25
- No resurrection....no Savior...no forgiveness....no justification...no cleaning from sin...the penalty of sin is still upon us.
- Death would have dominion over us - V. 18
- Paul ended this Resurrection Chapter with hope - V. 51-57
- Where does Christ dwell? At right hand of God in heaven.
- How does He dwell in us? “By faith”. - Gal. 2:20; Eph. 3:17
- During the past three weeks, we have looked into the TRIAL OF JESUS (spiritual and civil), His CRUCIFIXION and His RESURRECTION.
- Do you believe that Jesus died, was buried and rose again from the grave -
- This is the GOSPEL STORY - II Corinthians 15:1-4
- Christ does not RESIDE in the heart where He does not PRESIDE over it.
- Will you crown Him “KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS?”